Home

Granborough lies in North Buckinghamshire and has a total population of 535 residing in 235
households. Of the total population, 100 (19%) are young people under the age of 18, 335 are of  working age and 100 are of pensionable age.

imagesMEXWE3WD  KONICA MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERA  gallery5  Granborough, The Crown

Granborough is a parish of 1580 acres in the Buckinghamshire Hundred of Waddesdon. It is
situated 9 miles north of Aylesbury and adjoins the small market town of Winslow. The village,
along with Winslow and Little Horwood, was given by Offa, King of Mercia, as an endowment to St
Albans Abbey in 792. Arable farming was almost the only activity and even that source of
employment was severely reduced with the change to pastoral farming following the enclosure
act in 1796. Granborough population declined in the 19th century, only rising again when the bus
and motor car freed the inhabitants to work in nearby towns. The name of Granborough means
green hill or fortified place.
Today Granborough remains a rural village with farming the predominant business. As well as 235
households, Granborough has St John the Baptist church, the village hall built in 1910, the Crown
Public House, a children’s play area and communal allotments. We share the Sportsfield and North
Marston C of E Primary School with the neighbouring village of North Marston.

POTHOLES
Bucks County council have issued a statement about the state of the roads
Click Here to read

INFORMATION REGARDING THE APPLICATION FOR 17 NEW DWELLINGS ON LAND NEXT TO SOVEREIGN CLOSE  

Click Here for more details 

REFUSED